IMC USA takes the commitment of ethical business practices so seriously that every member is required to pledge in writing to abide by our Code of Ethics.
Why? Because we’re professionals who respect each other, our clients and our profession. We’re not shy about it. We’re very proud of it. We state it very clearly and require the respect of the organization’s culture and adherence to the guidelines. Because without commitment to ethical behavior the professionalism that defines IMC USA all falls apart.
IMC USA members demonstrate a voluntary commitment to ethical actions above and beyond the requirements of law. Ethical behavior includes practices such as:
- Safeguarding confidential information
- Rendering impartial, independent advice
- Accepting only those client engagements they are qualified to perform
- Agreeing with the client in advance on the basis for professional charges
- Developing realistic and practical solutions to client problems
The Institute enforces the Code by investigating complaints of violations and by taking disciplinary action, including revoking the certification of any member who is found guilty of a Code violation.
To ask a question about consulting professional conduct, send a confidential email to our Ethics Committee Chair.